Saturday, December 18, 2010

Marysa's Pay it Forward


Part 1:

The movie "Pay it Forward" was about Trevor a young boy who's assignment at school was to change the world. He came up with a great idea "Pay it Forward". "Pay it Forward" is when you help three people and then each of those three people help three people. The chain of help would continue and the help would spread all over the world.

Part 2:

What was your "Pay it Forward" act of kindness?
I did two "Pay it Forward acts of kindness. The first one I did was I when to Cindy
Klassen recreation complex. I volunteered at a sports ccamp there that I went to
when I was younger. The second act of kindness I did was I helped out at the Parent
council canteen at the elementary Christmas concert.

Why did you choose this act of kindness?
I choose to do the first act of kindness because I went to the same sports champ when I was younger and it was aways fun to play the sports. I also thought that I would have fun there because it was all sports and I liked sports. I choose to do the second activity because my mom has been on the Parent Council for awhile and said that they always need help with it and there is never enough people there.

What did you do?
When I was at the first activity I got to play all different sports with the young kids and help with the supervising of them. I went to the Cindy Klassen Recreation complex and helped out in a children sports camp that I went to when I was young. I volunteered there for two hours. I got to have fun and play with young children. He guy who runs the camp is named Coach Grant.When I was there we did activities like soccer, basket ball, badminton and I got to paddle a canoe. I had a lot of fun there. When I helped out at the Parent council canteen at elementary Christmas concert I was there with my mom. I got to make and do the adding for what the person had bought. I also got to give the person there food.

When did you do your act of kindness?
I did the first act of kindness on Saturday December 11th. I did the second act of kindness on Thursday December 16th.





This is a picture of me working at the canteen on the 16th (I was not able to get a photo of me at the first act of kindness).

Part 3:
How did your act of kindness go?
I thought that my act of kindness went pretty well because there was no real problems that I had to encounter.

What happened?
When I was at the sports camp for the young kids to help out Coach Grant the kids were very excited to have someone new there to help out. They were very kind to me and we had a lot of fun playing all the sports and running around. I stayed for two classes because I had so much fun there. During the second act of kindness I did I also had fun. I enjoyed helping the ladies there and they all were very kind to me and it was nice that they let me help out. My job there was to make the change and give people the food that they had bought. I also decided to stay a little bit after to help clean up the tables and put the risers back in the music room.

How did you feel?
After I had completed both of the acts of kindness I felt good about what I had done. I felt this way because I knew that I had helped Coach Grant, the Parent Counsel and even the kids that had gone to the camp. I had helped out people for nothing in exchange and it really made me feel good about myself because I did not expect something in return from the people that I had helped. It was a gift to them from me and not one that has to be returned by another gift to me but could be returned by another small act of kindness to a person in need of help.

If you did not ask the person to "Pay it forward" how come?
I did not ask the people that I had helped out to "Pay it Forward" and I am not really sure why I had not. I know that I did not ask the young kids to "Pay it Forward" because I thought that at the ages between 4-6 that they may not really under stand the meaning of the "Pay it Forward". But as for why I did not ask the Parent Counsel or Coach Grant is I think that maybe I thought that they were doing an act of kindness. Like the Parent Counsel was helping out the school and Coach Grant was teaching all the young kids.

Part 4:

Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
I think that the idea of "Pay it Forward" is important because if everyone did 3 random acts of kindness we really could change the world forever. If people were nicer to one another there might not be starvation and other things like that. That could happen with some simple acts of Kindness from everyone. With that said some people in the world really need food, clothing or even friends. These are simple things that could change many peoples lives.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
I believe that my act of kindness has made a difference. I believe this because I think that any act of kindness no matter how big or how small will change and impact a persons life to make it better in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment