Sunday, December 19, 2010

Alec's Pay it Forward

Part One
Pay it Forward is helping people without expecting anything back. It's kind of like a chain reaction. If you help one person, then there is a chance they get inspired and they start helping other people. The big idea of Pay it Forward is to help make the world a better place. The whole idea came from a movie named "Pay it Forward" where a boy named Trevor is given an assignment to make the world a better place. He came up with an idea where if you help three people, then they'll help another and the number gets getting bigger, and bigger.

Part Two
For my act of kindness, I chose to send a letter to a Canadian soldier in Kandahar, Afghanistan. I chose this activity to let a soldier know that I believe in him. To let him know that I honor his patriotism and courage to this country. It must be really hard to watch other people die and at the same time know that your life is at risk.








"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality"
-Richard Abend
(Quote was used in my letter)










Part Three
On Thursday, December 16, I made a rough copy of a letter that I would later on send to a Canadian soldier. When I first planned to send a letter, I thought it would be a great idea. I've heard many stories of how soldiers love to receive letters, and I thought that I could make them feel good even if they are miles away from their loved ones. On Friday, December 17, I typed a good copy of my letter. Then, on December 19, I went with my dad to send the letter. It felt really good. I hope when the soldier receives it, they have a positive reaction because I put a lot of heart into that. I did not say pay it forward because defending the country is already a huge responsibility.
Part Four
The idea of Pay it Forward is important because it helps make the world a better place to live. If everyone tried to Pay it Forward, then maybe there will be no poverty, no racism, and no war. I really hope my act of kindness makes a encourages the soldier to continue to be a true patriot. I hope it helps them to be brave even if they are far from their family.

Don't for get to Pay it Forward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment