Monday, March 14, 2011

Katerina's Great Big Book Of Integers

Chapter One :
Here is what we did in class. First, we discussed on how we could solve a integer problem.


We can ...
use a number line :
















Or integer Chips :














We also discussed Zero Pairs.

Zero Pairs : A pair of numbers that has a sum of zero. Something really easy to remember is .....

" When subtracting something that isn't there use a zero pair. "









Questions we did in Class :

Question one :












Question Two :












Chapter Two :

(+2) x (+3) = +6







(+2) x (-3) = -6









(-2) x (+3) = -6


(-2) x (-3) = +6






Chapter Three :


Partitive division : is groups of.
Queston one :


6/2 = 3

How many groups of (+2) are in (+6)







(-6)/(-2)= -3






Quotative division : spliting something between a number of groups.


(-6)/2= -3







Chapter Four :




Order of operations:



(+5)x(-3)+(-6)/(+3)=






I rewrote it and got



(+6)x(-3)+[(-6)/(+3)]=






My answer (-18)

How I solved it :




First :

(-6)-(+3) = -3

- - - - - -

+ + +






Then three times there is a zero pair : then you are left with -3. Then I solve the second part of my question.




(+5)x(-3) = (-15)



(-3) + (-15) = (-18)

Then I add both answers together and I got (-18)



THE END !!

No comments:

Post a Comment