Sunday, March 6, 2011

Breanna's Term 2 Reflection


In term 2, we learned about percent, surface area and volume. I did very well understanding the work that we were given and that showed greatly on my tests and quizzes by getting perfect or almost perfect. In term 2 I didnt necessarily struggle with commenting on the blog, i was just being a lazy teenager and not commenting like I should have. Next term I will make sure that I comment on all the blog posts posted for this term and try and get perfect on all of my tests and quizzes to reach the highest mark possible. We did alot of work with percentages, surface area and volume. The tax in Manitoba it 12%, 5% GST and 7% PST. You have to find out what 12% of your price is and then what ever that number is you add that onto your original price and it will come to your total. I learned that surface area is measured in square units like cm^2 or km^2. I also learned how to get the surface area by taking the shape you have apart, finding the area of the sides, then adding them all togeather to get the total surface area or "TSA". I also learned about volume, like learning how to get the volume of a cylindrical, rectanguar or trangular prism. To find the volume of a rectangular prism you have to use the formula V= LxWxH. To find ther volume of a triangular prism you use the formula V= BxH/2xH, and finally the formula for the cylinder was V= (pi.r.r)xH.



Listen!
Listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment