What is a Percent??
- A percent is a number out of one hundred.
4.1 Representing Percents
- To represent a percent you can use a hundred grid
- If all of the squares are coloured in then that is 100%
- To represent a fractional percent in between 0 and 1% you colour in part of one little square
4.2 Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Fractions decimals and percents can be used to represent numbers
- Percents can be shown as a......
- Fractions or a
- (example) 250% = 250 /100
4.3 Percent of a Number
- You can use mental math stratagies such as doubling, halving, doubling or dividing by ten to find the percent of some numbers.
4.4 Combining Percents
- To solve problems like this you can do that by adding
- a good example is 5% + 7% = 12%
- Percents can be used to determine the amounts that result from consecutive percents increasing or decreasing
Here is a website about percents.
Here is the video I created.
Hope it helps! (: